We have been hard at work to be able to bring you some new interesting features in this new update. And as you guessed it, it is related to the mission mode!
First things first
In the base game there was only two missions available: BENTO and RAMPAGE (ex-ASSASSINATE)
Now there are 3 new missions: THIEF, RESCUE and TARGET
BENTO: You need to to gather all the sushis
RAMPAGE: You need to kill everybody in the level
THIEF: You need to steal a specific asset while not being spotted
RESCUE: You need to rescue a buddy
TARGET: You need to specifically find someone and kill him
There will be a lot more polishing during the development of the game.
And this is a good thing to start with to let you play around with new types of missions while we continue to enhance the experience. We will wait to have all the pieces of the gameplay before we build the actual story of the game with appropriate missions to unlock cool gameplay elements as you play through the story.
As we ship this update with new missions, we gave the AI more personality and a bit of a logic. They now can see if one of their buddies fell into their sight, check on them and check their patrol before returning to their standing point
Of course, as the game continue to grows, we will shape more and more the AI so that it suits our cute world, and gives you some funny interactions during your game 🙂
Now when you play missions with friends, if one of them is killed during the mission, you can revive him with the action button.
We thought of implementing it because it was a bit boring to watch your friend getting all the credits when you took a shuriken for him … yea.
Hope you will have fun, meanwhile, we are moving forward in the roadmap!
Next, multiplayers team !
- Added gibberish sound + surprised voice for the enemies
- AI logic when player or dead body is spotted
- AI try to avoid to react to friendly shurikens and try not to hit buddies
- added rescue animation, sleep sound, rescue mission icon
- Visual sight of enemies modified as in box-shaped in lower difficulties, except in ninja mode where their vision is circular
- slight modifications on emotions system to accurately represent what is happening in-game.
- Enhancement of AI dead body check and patrolling
- Enhancement of animations of enemies spotting player and walking animation
- implemented co-op revive system
- implemented in-game action button
- fixed ai body check routine
- reworked some animations spritesheet
- improved AI bubbles and body spotting