Devlog #9 | v1.1.0
We hope you had a great happy new year and a good start for 2019 ! 🙂
As for us, we were hard at work focusing on bug fixing, getting back and forth with beta-testers and reducing technical debt to make the game more pleasant to play.
But as we were slaying some bugs we also made some major improvements and added some cool weapons to the game too!
2018 was a long year for both of us and Shinobi Bad Buddies was born in August 2017.
As it is our first big game we made so many mistakes and learned through all the process.
But all in all, this provided us with invaluable experience that will help us to make better things in the future 🙂
It is time to think about the future and that’s why we are proud to deliver this update and start to focus on new things !
We are not letting down Shinobi Bad Buddies and will continue to be close to the community and improve things. But we are going to allocate more time for new things, 2019 will be exciting!
Also, thank you very much to anybody who got the game, it really helps us. And thank you very much also to the beta-testers who helped us to make the game more pleasant and more enjoyable 🙂 (you are in the credits)
We made a discord server for the game, feel free to join in and say hi, talk with us, report bugs if you are someone who got the game and let’s have fun !
We are aware that the current HUD wasn’t displaying information in a more clear state. That’s why we reworked it in order to make it more easier to read what you had and what’s happening inside it.
New mission menu
We decided to rework the menu design in order to make it clearer. We had to do this as we have reworked the collectible unlocking process to add more hats, the new weapons and things that we might add in future updates. So each mission unlock a new hat and upon finishing a row of mission it unlocks a new weapon.
Unlock new ninja weapons by playing missions!
They will be available in all game modes in the weapon chests with the icon of the weapon currently selected on it. Refilling your weapons works automatically when you pass in front of the chest and if you want to change the weapon you currently holding, just press the action button. This will change the icon and the belt indicator.
Shuriken: Base weapon. You can hold 5 max
Kunai: Faster weapon than the shuriken. You can hold 3 max
Kisaragi: Mega shuriken that is slow but cannot be deflected except by a similar weapon. You can hold 2 of them max
Katana: Allows you to dash and hit your enemies
Yes we added new hats as unlockables. You can catch a glimpse of them in the picture here.
You can unlock a new hat each time you finish a mission in the missions menu.
We apologies for the inconvenience, we made sure we won’t have to do this again in future updates.
- Corrected some typos in the language available in the game
- Reworked HUD
- Reworked ergonomy in some menus
- New weapon system + new visual effects
- Improved the crosshair look
- Improved dialog indication system
- Improved radar in story mode
- Improved tutorial directions
- Reworked missions type to fit the progression
- Bug fixes
- Fixed split screen preferences in the option menu
- Fixed bug with levitating red lamps
- Fixed many clipping issues
- Fixed winner order in multiplayer modes
- Fixed loading screen interaction
- Fixed sound crash with sounds slider in the option menu
- Known Bugs
- AI lacks some animation states in co-op mode
- Seppuku(suicide) and precision stats with the katana weapons are false
- AI that were slapped can still fire weapons during falling animation
- Ferryman NPC in story mode does not reappear during the cutscene if you kill him
- When reviving a buddy in co-op they can get through the ground if they are upside down
Chris & Jo